Our Covid 19 Response
NEW: TOUCH POINT DISINFECTING SERVICE BEING OFFERED AT BROOMS OVER BROOME
What You Need to Know
1. If you have booked a basic or thorough cleaning service with us, you have booked, as defined by the CDC, “the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection”.
2. Disinfecting is defined by the CDC as the following: ” using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface AFTER cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection”
3.The CDC recommends the following preventative steps for COVID-19: “Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, counter tops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, sinks, faucets, mouse, remotes, light switches, and chairs.”
What We Are Doing For Our Clients
1. We are now offering, in conjunction with your regular basic or thorough cleaning package, “Touch Point Disinfecting”, which will cover cleaning AND disinfecting as recommended by the CDC.
2. This service is being offered to our current weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly customers at only $5 per room in addition to their regular fee.
3. Brooms Over Broome will be using the CDC recommended bleach solution for touch point disinfection. Please see our specifications sheet for more information regarding this service.
1. The World Health Organization recommends that employers should start doing these things now to prevent/slow the spread of COVID-19.
2. “Surfaces (e.g. desks and tables) and objects (e.g. telephones, keyboards) need to be wiped with disinfectant regularly. Why? Because contamination on surfaces touched by employees and customers is one of the main ways that COVID-19 spreads”
3.We are offering the same Touch Point Disinfecting service to our commercial cleaning clients at only $5 per room. Discounts may apply to larger offices.
How is it done?
- If you have booked a basic or thorough cleaning service, this service will be performed first before any disinfecting will occur.
- Supervisor will make the CDC recommended bleach solution in a bucket. Clean microfiber rags will be used.
- We will thoroughly wring out the rag and hit all hard surface, high traffic touch areas in the rooms that you have contracted us to do. This will include tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilet handles, sink/shower knobs, mouse, remotes, chairs, etc…
- Solution will be changed when necessary.
What to expect:
1. Your home or office may have a smell of bleach when we are done.
2. Peace of mind that your home/office has been cleaned and thoroughly disinfected.
3. Sense of completed social responsibility to help lower the risk of spreading infection.
4. Fully trained staff – most of our employee’s clean full time, so you can expect that they know
what to look for.
Disclaimer: Please do not book this service if you are sensitive to the smell of bleach. While we take the utmost care when using chemicals, we cannot guarantee the bleach is safe for all hard surfaces. If you know of a surface in your home or office that will become damaged because of bleach, please tell us prior to your cleaning.
Our Mandatory and Safety Practices
The following procedures have been implemented at Brooms Over Broome effective March 20th, 2020 and will remain effective until further notice:
- Clients: Please reschedule your appointment if you have been advised to quarantine (mandatory or precautionary), if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, if you have tested positive for COVID, or if you are waiting on a COVID test result.
- All employees must wear a mask all day.
- All employees must wear gloves throughout the day.
- All employees must wash hands before and after each job, and in between as needed.
- Personal and vehicle hand sanitizer will be provided for all employees.
- All vehicle touch points must be disinfected at the end of every day.
- All equipment and supplies must be disinfected at the end of every day.
- Teams will all start at 815am but only the supervisors are allowed in the office in the morning to eliminate a mass gathering. Unless necessary, teams are asked to stay in the car with exception of the supervisor.
- Touch point disinfection of the office is being done daily.
- Employees are asked to not come in if they have been advised to quarantine (mandatory or precautionary), if they are experiencing any COVID symptoms, including fever, cough, and shortness of breath, if they have tested positive for COVID, or if they are waiting on a COVID test result.
A Note About Cancelling:
If you are feeling ill, please cancel with us by 5pm the day before. Any cancellations made after 5pm the day before (after 5pm the Friday before for Sunday or Monday appointments) will result in a cancellation fee of $25 for basic cleanings, and half the quoted price for thorough cleanings. We have a long wait list of clients that would like to book, and must have proper notice of cancellation in order to be able to accommodate all our clients. Proper notice of cancellation will also ensure we are able to schedule our employees accordingly, and give proper ETAs to clients who are booked.